entrenamiento / dieta
Typically I train one big and and one small muscle group per day. I do not train chest and biceps anymore since these parts already are highly developed and personally I consider good proportion and symmetry more important than anything else. An aesthetic body is what I strive for.
This is how I split up my muscle groups over a week:
- - Monday: Shoulders + Abs + Cardio
- - Tuesday: Legs (hamstrings) + Glutes
- - Wednesday: Back + Abs + Cardio
- - Thursday: Shoulders + Glutes + Cardio
- - Friday: Legs (quads) + Abs
- - Saturday: Shoulders + Triceps + Glutes+ Cardio
- - Sunday: Day off
My current off season diet. It is a very simple, but an effective diet for me. Besides being very bearable this diet allows me to stay in a presentable shape and gives my everything I need to keep perfecting my physique.
A total of 6 meals daily:
- Meal 1: Oatmeal or muesli + Kiwi or pineapple + Egg whites or protein powder.
- Meal 2: Chicken or turkey + Sweet potatoes, potatoes or rice cakes + A salad.
- Post-workout - Whey Isolate protein + 2 bananas or a bowl of mixed fruit.
- Meal 3: Red meat + Rice, Couscous or potatoes + Mixed vegetables.
- Meal 4: Chicken, Turkey or white fish + A salad.
- Meal 5: Egg whites or white fish + Mixed vegetables or asparagus.
I have three free meals a week , where I can eat anything I desire.
I drink approximately 4 liters of water a day . I also drink a lot of green tea.
I do 20-30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week after my weight training.
My dietary supplements consists of :
- Evening Primrose oil or Omega 3-6-9
- Protein powder
- Aminos /BCAA's
When getting ready for a competition, the only thing that changes is the amount of food , especially the amount of carbohydrates . I increase the cardio and the intensity of the workouts, as well as adding a thermogenic supplement to help burn more fat.
As you can see , dieting does not mean starving. We must find a good balance that suits us and our goals. Above all, keep testing your body, listen to it, so you will learn what works for you.